Drum-2012

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Drum-2012

City Lit Drum class of 2012-2013 (drumming 1).

Who is squodge?

squodge
    squodge
    Admin

Who is squodge? Empty Who is squodge?

Post by squodge Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

Hi, I'm Jason - some of you already know me or know of me. Anyway, a little bit about me:

* I took up drumming, as I've always been interested in playing the drums. That wasn't really a choice when I was young because (1) parents didn't like the idea and (2) electronic drumkits were prohibitively expensive back in the day. I took up the piano instead... which is itself a very loud instrument, but people don't associate piano music with loudness - weird!

* I have a reasonably balanced musical background, having started on the harmonica when I was 10. In 2001, I completed a diploma in music with The Open University; and in 2004, I graduated with a BA (Hons) in Linguistics and Music from the School of Oriental and African Studies. The most exotic instrument I've learned to play is the mbira, an instrument from Zimbabwe and is classed as a 'lamellophone'. It's just as hard to pronounce that word when you're drunk as it is to play the actual instrument.

* I'm originally from Liverpool - yes, land of The Beatles. My parents are from Hong Kong (Hakka speakers, for those in know).

* My favourite bands are: The Beatles, Green Day, Metallica, Muse

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 8:21 pm